[Harp-L] 2004 favorite CDs - very limited harp

1- 'Drive' - Robert Palmer--great singing -way cool off-beat covers, & some
blues by the late vocalist
2- 'Old Futures Gone' - John Gorka-- the best songwriter I know of, also a
great singer
3- 'Back in the Circus' - Jonatha Brooke--way too much talent--songwriting,
singing, guitar playing.....  & she don't look bad.....
4- 'Everything to Everyone' - Barenaked Ladies--the new masters of pop
songwriting-they compare with  old school pop songwriters like Lerner & Lowe, Rogers
& Hammerstein, et al
5- 'Hey Is For Horses' -  Chris Michalek--  a quality recording by one of the
greatest harp players I've heard. Unusual & accesible at the same time
6- a three song give away live demo by Chicago area band  Bumpus--I was given
this CD recently at a Chicago club by one of the members. I can't get it out
of my CD player. They have three or four great singers, one of the funkiest
rhythm sections ever, great soloists, lots of energy. I have ordered all their
CDs.