Re: [Harp-L] re: rhythm playing

Sorry,

D, G, C are notes in ABC format

>> D up to D starting from 4draw
>> G up to G starting from 6blow
>> C up to C starting from 4blow
>> D **down** to D starting on 8draw

BTW have been doing the major scale for a while now trying to emphasize (tongue or just louder) one particular note every time around while keeping time. Was really not easy at all. Started doing parradiddles (Chris's suggestion from a few days ago) as a separate exercise and maybe I was just getting there anyway, but suddenly I can do the emphasis exercise on every note up and down. Still need more practice, buts its at the fluid level with the odd mistake.

The paradiddle I was doing is as follows:

<    <    <    <
RLRL RLRL RLRL RLRL etc.

(There are no pauses, spacing is for readability)

R=blow
L=draw
< means emphasize (I think, see web site below)

The paradiddle seems trivial enough but try and do it fast without getting out of step (ha ha).

A good thing that came out of doing paraddidles is that it highlighted the fact that my blow 16th notes are weak compared to my draw notes. So will be looking for ways to even that out.

By the way it helps to do the paraddidle by drumming fingers on a table or something first.

Pierre.

Paraddidle site I am using:

http://www.tigerbill.com/features/da010213.htm