Re: [Harp-L] Re: Tongue Blocking the blow bends

I have heard from Allen Holmes that Jim Conway from Chicago can get a full chromatic scale while tongue block in same time: tongue block bending and tongue block overbending!!!!!!

Froggy

"M. N." <mnessmith@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Wayne wrote:
"Is it possible to blow bend the 8, 9, and 10 holes while tongue blocking?"

For the life of me I can't remember where, but I remember reading an
interview with Sugar Blue where he said he tongue blocks EVERYTHING (that
and an amp hovering on the razor line between overdrive heaven and feedback
hell are a huge part of his sound, IMHO) and he certainly plays a ton of
blow bends up high. So yes, it is possible -- unfortunately I can't do it
and can't give you any helpful tips other than keep at it.
MN