[Harp-L] Re: Stealing

Jday and Buzz,

I started DJing after I started getting replaced on drums by a drum machine.
Inever really liked club Djing anyway, and I hate doing karaoke. How do I
feel about DJs taking jobs from musicians? How did automobile workers feel
about taking jobs from blacksmiths? Once the horse is out of the barn, it's
tough to get 'em back in. Karaoke lets everyone think they are the star. It
is even easier to get started with than playing harmonica.

I wish I could make as much playing live music as I do when I DJ. I don't
understand it. We have bands cutting each other's throats, too. Band #1
palys as good as band #2, but the club owner knows that if band #2 won't
play for the $200 he is offering, Band #1 will- or even drop their price to
get the gig. Is it because it is so much fun? How many times have I heard it
said that we get paid for moving the equipment- we play for free. It is so
bad in some markets that there are clubs that cater to new bands where you
pay the club to play there.

Btw, when I DJ, I still play the harmonica.

hj