Re: [Harp-L] Tongue Blocking the blow bends

Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:09:34 +0100 (CET)
From: Nicolas Fouquet <bbhcfr@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Tongue Blocking the blow bends

>Another deal is which side of the harmonica you do tongue-
>block. I recently met a harmonica player in PAris who has
>been learning harmonica by himself and He does tongue-
>block, but putting the tongue on the left side as well as on
>the right side!!! I was totally amazed as that guy claims
>being a beginer. Well, he is in a certain kind of way, but
>He also has stuff to teach to the most accomplished of us!!!
>He did show fews other things and it has been hard for me to
>not drop my jaws down and just look quiet and peaceful!!!!!
>
>Froggy

Hi Froggy,
  I highly recommend learning to play tongue block from either side of the
mouth.  Players who are just starting to get used to playing tongue block,
now is the time to practice from both sides.   I've written a bit about the
topic here:
http://www.angelfire.com/music/HarpOn/playing.html#tb
I think it applies equally to diatonic and chromatic harmonica.  Its what I
practice.

--- G.