[Harp-L] Re: Custom Harps

Bob Cohen wrote:
"I'm considering a Dannecker Blues harp. They're listed at â?¤95 which is a whopping $178.10 as of today."

Since I've never tried 'em, I can't comment on the quality of Dannecker's harps (although Charlie Musselwhite says some nice things about them on his site). But if you're in the U.S., I'd wait until the dollar rebounds before buying ANYTHING from Europe. The dollar's in the toilet right now but (let's hope) not likely to drop much further. By waiting (and, in the mean time, trying out a custom harp from a U.S. maker) you could end up saving yourself a fair chunk of change.
Coming at it from the other side, however, NOW is the time for you cats here in Europe to give the U.S. customizers' goods a try. Or even fly to the States to buy cheap gear. Seriously, I have a friend in England who flew to NY to do some shopping and saved so much dough he damn near covered the cost of his airfare.
MN