[Harp-L] Re: Digest Number 1533 Harmonica as harp ?

      Whenever I hear a word harp for harmonica, I feel confused and
cheated or fooled.   I cannot say it without bothering my heart fearing
criticism or ridicule from traditional classical musicians or harpists.
I like the word pocket orchestra mentioned since it plays like a small
orch if played well with several notes or chords.  Karaoke is derived
from Japanese word empty orchestra.  I propose to name a new word  pocket
orchestra as po-orcha  or simply  as porka. Porka has two kinds, diatonic
=diaporka or chromatic=chroporka.   There are other kinds as well,
chordporka or bassporka etc.   If every one uses the new name, it may
eventually get in Webster Dictionary.   Ken in Georgia