Review - (Re: [Harp-L] Arizona Harpers)

I went and listened to Chris and company play last night and I just don't know where to begin. It was a wonderfully enjoyable evening of music. Overall they were a collection of fine musicians who played well together, and the way they dealt with guest performers in general, a singer that tried to hijack the band, and very fine guest guitar player that wanted to play a 12 million bar solo was quite an education in professional musicianship. I could go on and on but this is Harp-L and what I really want to talk about it Chris.

If you are ever in a position to hear him play, do it. Chris appears to not have any limitations while playing a diatonic harp. His lightning runs are music, rather than look what I can do stuff. For a man who doesn't even claim to be a blues player, he seems to have studied the greats. It's was like all the guys on my CDs where up there, even Sonny Terry-like rhythm stuff complete with hoots and hollers. I've been listening to his CD "Monk Alters Chi" this morning, a welcome addition to my library. One hell of a fine harp player.

Peace and music,
Dave