Re: [Harp-L] Case quandry (was: Re: Harp Cases Question)

Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 05:41:33 -0500
From: "M. N." <mnessmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Here's the thing about cool harp cases: They sorta scream, "Hey, thieves!
> I'm valuable -- steal me!" This is esecially true if you're using a camera,
> computer and handgun case.

Good point.  You've reminded me of a comment I read.   When new camera
enthusiasts joined a photography group, usually one of the first questions
asked is "what do you keep your camera gear in?", and the answer is a
resounding cry of "diaper bags!" - if you leave them in the car it wouldn't
be very tempting.

> But these days, more often than not, I stow a handful of harps, mic and
> Harp Commander in an old shaving kit and then tote it around the city in
> a non-descript knapsack or, as G. calls it, a bum bag! :-)
> Few thieves would even give it a second glance.
> MN

True.  I did get uncomfortable when strangers would walk up to me and ask
me if I was a harp player, and what did I have in the case/bag wanting to
have a look ... "ummm, no." Funny how I haven't struck that for a couple of
years now.

-- G.