Re: [Harp-L] Re: sharp 5 draw

Joe Leone wrote:<leone@xxxxxxxx>
"> On a country tuned harmonica, the 5 draw sharped, (on
a C harp this
> would be
> the F tuned up to F#) can you bend the 5 draw F# down
to F?
Absolutely, but this tuning would be rough to do Rocky Top with"

So use a standard tuning for Rocky Top...

No single tuning is best for every song. That's why it's nice to have
different tunings to choose from.

The tunings I use most frequently, in order, are 1) standard, 2) natural
minor, 3) country, and 4) dorian minor.  Playing these tunings in
different positions gives you a lot to work with.  Dorian minor, for
example, works great in 1st position for tunes like "Tequila", where you
position, it's great for tunes like "Moondance."

I have other tunings in certain keys in my case.  For the "Homeless in
Paradise" documentary I did recently, the instrument I used most was a
Paddy Richter-tuned D harp, which happens to be the only Paddy Richter
in my case -- I'm sure glad the guy wrote the music in D!

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com