[Harp-L] Humming and blowing

Driving to work today an old Jethro Tull song came on and reminded me of how I stumbled on a kind of neat harp technique.

Back when 'Tull was big, I remember trying to play flute in that style that Ian Anderson kind of got famous for doing. He would simultanoisly blow into the flute while humming the tune. Well, I gave up on the flute (I couldn't get past that light headedness thing,) but I also applied the technique on harp with a measure of success. That is, I thought it sounded cool. I know I wasn't the first to try this; it was more like "Hmm, that's how they get that sound.".

Anyway, I just thought mention it.

Howard Chandler