Re: [Harp-L] favorite quotes

--- Frank Franze <Franze52@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anybody have an enlightening quote that
> pertains to music and would like to share it with
> the group.

It's not so much a qoute as it is a philosophy. There
is a TV interview with Bruce Lee from the early 70s
where he talks about martial arts as a form of self
expression. He basically says he can make funny faces,
yell like a lunatic and act all cocky but true martial
arts happens when he does away with all that and
really says something meaningful and truly express his
emotion. He also admits it is a very rare occurence
when he able to do that.
I've always applied that to music. I can wear a sharp
suit, have really hip gear and play mindblowing licks
and put on a pretty good show. But how often do
transcend all that and I truly express myself? Not
often but it's pretty amazing when it happens.
Ryan