Re: [Harp-L] effects box

"Mike and Beverly Rogers" wrote:

"I had anYamaha FX500, that I bought many years ago.  Got rid of it,
borrowed it back to record our CD.  I love the brassroom reverb, with
my JT30.  Now, I want to get something similar for live performance,
with my Fender.  Don't want to spend $500, like I did in 1990.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated."

For a floor-mounted unit, at about $170 retail (recently reduced) the
Yamaha Magicstomp has a great selection of premium quality effects. The
Digitech Vocal 300 ($149) has acceptable reverbs, good delays, and
decent choruses, flange, etc.; list members Randy Singer and Rob
Paparozzi love theirs.  For reverb only in a floor-mounted unit, the
Digitech X-Series reverb is a great buy at less than $100 retail, with
seven different reverb types, all very usable, in a metal case.

For a rackmount multi-effects unit, at $200 retail the Lexicon MPX110 is
probably the best value available in any hardware processor, period.
The reverbs, delays, flange, and chorus are first-class.  At under $100,
the Alesis Nanoverb offers very good reverbs, okay but not very flexible
delays, and not very good flange and chorus.

Taste in reverbs and effects is personal, so I recommend that you decide
on what you're willing to spend, then take your rig to the nearest
Gutiar Center or other full-service musical instrument store and try
everything.

And of course, never buy anything before reading the user reviews at
harmonycentral.com.

Regards, Richard Hunter