RE: Fwd:  RE: [Harp-L] paradiddles

Larry,

Everything is part of a larger pattern. A single note in it's purest
form is nothing more than a wave pattern or rhythm of waves.
Reflecting waves of energy will disrupt the original wave form and
still create a new pattern.

Every musical line has a rhythm to it. I don't mean for anybody to
play paradiddles as a means to create music.  It's a method to
support what you already play.  When trying to play difficult music,
it's always easier to decipher the rhythm of a passage before the
actual notes.

Rhythm is everying. Put Howard Levy and Sonny Terry in front of the
same audience, most will recognize Howard to be the more advanced
player or "better" player BUT most will call Sonny the favorite of
the two.  How do drummers get to be drummers? Like we practice tone,
bends, single notes etc, drummers practice advance paradiddles.

If you practice paradiddles your rhythm chops will come around. You
will be a better player.  When it's time to advance, create patterns
out of the paradiddle exercises using single notes and people will
think you'er a Jeff Grossberg or John Popper Clone  - Not such a bad
thing.