Re: [Harp-L] 59 Bassman

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry L. Ravlin" <sheepdip@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Michael Fugazzi" <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 6:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] 59 Bassman

I have a '59 clone but the origs have a 12ay7 in the first stage and two
12ax7's. The harp mic will give you way too much gain. I use a two 5751's
in the first two stages and a 7025 in the last stage. I am going to try a
12ay7 in the first stage.

Lawrence

----- Original Message ----- From: Michael Fugazzi <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx> To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 2:56 PM Subject: [Harp-L] 59 Bassman

I understand that there are 3 preamp tubes in a '59 Bassman. What kind of
tubes does it come with (in terms of gain factor) and what does each do from
left to right? What successful tube switches has anybody come up with?
Thanks so much.

Mike

Mike Fugazzi Harmonica/Vocals

Hi,
I am the proud owner of a REAL and unmodified '59 Bassman for the last 22 years and the 12AY7 is the CORRECT preamp tube in the first gain stage, wheras the reissues uses 12AX7/7025's for all the preamp tubes in all gain stages as well as the driver/phase inverter tube. The tubes in a real Bassman from preamp to rectifier are as follows: 12AY7-12AX7-12AX7-5881-5881-5AR4/GZ34.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com