[Harp-L] Re: Re: Harmonica Slim info/Song Licensing Help

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ryan Hartt" <rhartt1234@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <BLUES-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 7:59 PM
Subject: Re: Harmonica Slim info/Song Licensing Help

I previously posted I was looking for publishing info
for Harmonica Slim's "Drop Anchor". My band covers it
on our upcoming CD and we are doing everything legit
w/ licensing the cover tunes. Thanks to Ralph Parker
and T-Roy for the info, but Unfortunately it got me
nowhere. I was able to find info for "High Society
Music" ,owned by Lloyed Glenn's widow, through BMI,
but the number doesn't work. Does anybody have any
conatct info for Mrs. Violet Glenn if she is still
with us or Mr. Travis "Harmonica Slim" Blaylock?

And if I can't find them what do I do for a mechanical
license for this song? List it as "Copyright Control"?

C'mon I can't be the only guy who's recorded an ultra
obscure tune from a 50 year old fly by night record
label on this list.
Thanks
Ryan

Hi Ryann,
Copyright Control is used in cases where the composer owns the copyright, as filed with the Library Of Congress, but without a designated publisher. There are quite a large number of blues tunes that have this in common. You may want to see if you can contact anyone who was involved as producer, etc., on the original recording, or even the recording studio involved.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com