RE: [Harp-L] To all harmonica travelers (no harp content)

Since January 1st, it appears that Electronic Passports are required to take some flight's companies planes. Such as for going into some states like USA.

As far as I know, if you can not provide an electonic passport, they will simply sned you bakc to your home.

I just have had that experience: I was planning to go to USA in two weeks, and I have had to cancel my projects and my flights because my passport, though still valid for the 7 coming years, is not an electronic one and such companies as Lufthansa, and such states as USA, now, require an electronic passport.

Froggy

When you say electronic passport do you mean the same thing as the electronic visa I had to get in order to book my flight to Australia? There's no paperwork - apparently the visa shows up on the computer when you check in (so I was told). You still need your paper passport. I was hoping they'd let me, my wife and my harps in for a couple of weeks at Easter... We'll be in Perth, if there are any harp-lers around there.

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
http://harmonicapics.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
Hear clips from my CD at http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm