[Harp-L] Lee Oscar Cover Plates

In a message dated 1/21/05 3:36:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
side by side and
sure enough, the A and G harps had a thicker bottom cover plate (the top
plates all seemed the same width). I'm wondering if this is a design
change, and whether the slimmer ones or fatter ones are the newer type.

I think i asked this same question a while back, so let me try to answer.  In
some of the lower register LO's, both the top and bottom cover plates, afaik,
are taller in height to prevent the #1 hole's reed from hitting the cover
during playing. In my experience, I can't say that the higher plates make them
easier to play.  Because i didn't experience the reed hitting the cover problem,
i switched the covers for regular LO covers, which i am more used to.
ron