[Harp-L] Jason Ricci

My brother lives in Cleveland, he is not a musician - but like most people he admires great music. So, when I visit I always bring him to see a show with me, and he has been privileged to witness some heavy hitters in the "harp world" including : William Clarke, Sugar Blue, Rick Estrin, Madcat, Adam Gusso, Sam Myers, Junior Wells, Gary Primich, Mark Hummel, Carey Bell, James Harmon, Wallace Coleman, Mr. DownChild, and Dave Morrison!  Well, the most recent to add to that list is Jason Ricci who we saw about a month ago, anyway we were reminiscing about these unforgetable shows over the phone last night and he mentioned that Jason reminded him of a mixture between the lead singer for nine inch nails and the front man for the black crows...I thought that was interesting?

By the way - there is a really interesting blues competition coming up in the little town of Marietta, Ohio on the 19th of Feb, 2005 - it is an all day event with about 20 bands.  I've been to 3 of them and played in one.  it's a beautiful atmosphere and last year The great Pat Ramsey was one of the judges, and he and his superb band performed in a small intimate saloon later that night - GET HIS MUSIC - real classy stuff!!!  If your in the driving radius , check it out http://www.bjfm.org/index.html<http://www.bjfm.org/index.html>

Frank