[Harp-L] XB40 nuts and bolts

In a message dated 1/23/05 4:48:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
you have two alternatives if you
need access to them - either use a reed-lifting tool of the type suggested
by Rick Epping here a few weeks ago, or take out all those screws!
I missed that thread re the tool.  Can u describe it or turn me on as to how
I can read about that tool?
  I have one xb40 in C draw (i think) and hole 4 rattles and is unplayable
until it is played for about 10 seconds or so.  It came like this new.  I've
never taken it apart since it always fixes itself.
  Also, we could probably identify the Hohner technician who put my XB40
together because his fingerprints are clearly showing on the brass reedplates in
several spots.  I don't imagine the fingerprints do any harm, but then again
maybe whatever substance caused the etching of his fingerprints in brass, might
also harm the reeds.
  Any idea what causes my rattle and if i need to fix it, what i should do?
thanks.
ron