[Harp-L] Re : ball mics

Mike Fugazzi :

...... asked about ball mics ......

Hurricane Sez :

Well , when it comes to harp mics and feed back issues you just can't beat a Shure Brother's 520-D bullet hands down , amp'd or through a P.A.

- - - But - - -

Since ya mentioned  it was a " Ball " type mic you were interested in and one that can get " dirty " , I have this suggestion , because I have one and it's been a winner for many , many years , even if I don't use it much any more :

The Shure Brother's " Unisphere A Model # 5855 " ( or # 5833 , mine is worn so much since I got it used I can't accurately read it's model # clearly ) is one I can stand by and say that through an amp or P.A. it has held up wonderfully for me many years ( 1982 till present ) , it's got the screw in type connector at the mic's base and uses a 1/4 male plug to the input of your amp and or P.A.

Simply put , it is a killer little mic in it's own beautiful way .

Good hunting , and remember when it comes to getting your amplified harp kit together and going through all the testing ( which I highly recommend ) to find what works best for you and your " style " , this phrase applies :

" Getting There Is Half The Fun " :)

So's my man , enjoy the ride to coolsville .

Since buying that mic ( for $15.00 in a " Thrift Shop " on The Big Island , Pahoa , Hawaii , which is what I used to call a " Second Hand Store " ) I have bought many more mics since including vintage stuff not available unless you get lucky like me . I have Shure 57s , 58s , E.V.'s & Audio Technicas besides the Shure 520-D & a Hohner Blues Blaster , throw in a couple of my own designs from big element stereo headphones I have modified to becoming little screaming demons as well  . But . . . .  my Holy Grail " American " chrome bullet  mic circa 1954 , I kill for ............

Hurricane Ramón

Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com