Re: [Harp-L] John Nemeth gigs in Buffalo

Once again, thanks for the cudo's on the amp. I love the Buffalo scene. It's probably my favorite place to
hang and catch live blues. Fortunately for me, the amp business has me there every now and again. Scotty
told me a pretty funny story at the Alternative Brew's gig. Apparently one night he was lost in a solo. Playing
pretty fast with that unorthadox picking style and his nail caught a string. He said that he didnt even know until
after the gig but apparently it hurt like hell and half of his nail was gone. He was later told that it was seen as a
projectile part flying into the crowd. I wonder who the lucky recipient was ????

What are the chances of getting a copy of that gig from you Scott ?  I kicked myself for not bringing my mini disk
recorder.

Scooter

  Scooter,
  Thanks for the info. I was amazed at the tone. The amp was warm without being muddy and just generally sounded incredible. I recorded the gig at alternate brews and came home played it for my friends and they loved the harp tone. It had a cool look too.  When I saw the guitar player before it was at a big festival and I was unaware of how unorthodox his picking technique was. I had heard a lot about him up here and he didn't use a pick. I met a lot of nice people in Buffalo at the gig. Buffalo seems to have some heavy duty blues fans to brave that nasty weather.