Re: [Harp-L] "Harp Preparation" Prior to a Gig

No beer: makes my tongue feel "fat" from the salt.
No sugar  drinks like pepsi: sugar in the saliva gums up the reeds
sometimes.
no caffeine: nerves I don't need.

I eat at least 2 hours before playing so I don't feel loaded during the gig.

I do breathing warm ups similar to those I do for meditation and Tai Chi
just to get the system clear and expanded.

A little vocal warm up to get in voice.

no drugs.

a quick, quiet blow on the harps to test them. If they're is something wrong
I pull a harp in that key from my back-ups and put the unusable one in my
coat for repair at a later date. I always carry (3) of each key for such
contingencies.

trim my mustache

...and don't forget to brush those teeth!