[Harp-L] Replacement reeds MS -> chromatic?

Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:24:35 -0000
From: "Winslow Yerxa" <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Replacement reeds MS -> chromatic?
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
>>--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, G <gigs@xxxx> wrote:
>><big snip>
>>An unrelated, but useful piece of information
>>is several MS reeds and Hohner chromatic reeds
>>are interchangable, helpful to know when you need
>>replacement reeds, and making altered tunings.
>>-- G.
>==================
>
>Do you have anything in the nature of a handy cross-reference?
>Winslow

Yeah sure,
in a really cool series of documents and reference tables called 'Altered
States', you can find a link to the ZIP file at
http://www.patmissin.com/tunings/tunings.html
Once you've downloaded and unzipped it open Slots.txt where you can make
cross references between all sorts of brands and models.

Altered States an amazingly useful collection of work, we have a great deal
to thank Pat for.  If you read up Tun.txt and Replace.txt you'll find many
"trade secrets" that people on harmonica groups complain are hidden from
them by the professionals.  And... its free!

-- G.