RE: [Harp-L] Breathing patterns

Michael Fugazzi asked:
> Does anybody know anything about playing breath
> patterns up and down the harp?  I've read where both
> Howard Levy, and the rock player who we don't speak of
> float breathing patterns up and down the harp for fast
> runs... <clip>

Mike, unless I'm mistaken, this was the reason that Chris Michalek suggested
practicing drum paradiddles on the harmonica a couple of weeks ago.  Might
be worth revisiting that thread in the archives.

Whatever practice patterns you decide on, I've found that learning to take
percussive "micro-breaths" with tiny diphragmatic movements coupled with
wagging that jaw Rosco-style are key to speeding things up (not that I'm
able to do it anything like he does).  Might wanna throw in some "mini"
glotta stops or well-timed articulation too, eh, Rosco?

Mike, let us know what ~you~ come up with.

Michelle