Re: [Harp-L] Honey Tone design flaw, and fix.

At 14:17 29/01/05 -0500, ChipComCast wrote:
>G-
> I use a Honeytone to march in The Wild Bohemians Mardi Gras parade.
> It woreks well for the harp. You can  here me above the brass..(at times)
>  You also need to modify the 9-volt battery holder.  Take the
>negative sheet of contact metal out of it's plastic sleeve
>& tuck some cardboard at the bottom.  This
>keeps the contact tight when you do the
>'Mardi Gras Mambo.'
>JD

Hi JD,
  Yeah, I did what you suggested a couple of years ago, but eventually it
was too unreliable.   I ripped out the metal contacts, cut out the extra
plastic, made a hole, and rewired the battery connections to a 9volt
battery clip.
  With my 2nd HoneyTone, I found that Dan Electro (Evets Corp) have changed
the battery compartment design to just that - a hole with a 9volt battery
clip poked through.

I'm trying to find an email address to contact Evets Corp and suggest they
alter the front shell mold so theres a post to screw the PCB down into,
rather than the frail plastic nib.  Reading Harmony Central user reviews, I
see I'm not the only one who's had their HoneyTone die from being dropped
once or twice.

Another idea from Harmony Central user reviews, is to install a 1/4" jack
onto the back of the case, connected between speaker output and the
speaker, so you can plug it directly into a speaker cab. the way you can
with the Smokey Amp Nicolas referred to.

Its a relatively simple operation, I intend to do this soon and try it out
- the person who wrote the instructions seemed to think it was worth the
effort, using colourful words to describe its volume and tone through a
4x12" stack.

-- G.