[Harp-L] re: boutique amps clarification

I'm an angry, bitter, frustrated amp owner who's never been able to
find that great perfect amp.

Consequently I'm pretty defensive about this. So, I apologize for any
misinterpretation I've picked up on, including Andy, to whom I've
apologized off group after a heartfelt e-mail from him clarifying his
remarks.

You know that tone Kim gets on the Jimmy Rogers Antone's CD? Too thin.
Something thicker, only not as loud.

Maybe that Gibson Cotton uses on Slamhammer? That's the sound I want.
Or Walter's amptone on Rocker? Now we're talking. One of those two-
speaker Nationals... except smaller, easier to haul and cheap enough
so the jammers who abuse my rig won't make me too angry. See? Impossible.

Best,
Cranky, frustrated Bret