[Harp-L] re: boutique amps

I make about $90.00 a month playing harp. I bought a beater old silverface
Bassman head and a 2X15 cab 20 years ago because it was big, it looked cool,
and it was only $150.00. I later bought a 1X15 cab because the fridge was too
heavy. The silverface bassman is nothing like a tweed bassman. Completely
different circuit. Still, I can play keys and harp out of the same amp. Point
to point wiring, all tubes, basic circuit, very loud, very clean.

Yes I covet a reconditioned tweed champ with the early 50s circuitry and the
cool 6 inch speaker. That for me is the Holy Grail of amp tone.I would love to
own a blackface Pro Reverb (maybe the best amp in the world for
chromatic).Still, my last car cost $2000.00.

The old beater amp does the job. I am going to buy a 2x12 cab this summer
though. The Bassman 70 cab is geting too heavy.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm