[Harp-L] Mermaid Parade

Finally getting around to telling the Harp World that I had a GAS! playing
harp in the Coney Island Mermaid Parade last Saturday, June 25. I was on a
float with a mermaid and her "blue fish." Out front were two excellent
marching drummers. I played/jammed through a tiny Roland Cube. I think I was
heard quite well when the parade started out on the boardwalk and people
were really close. That was fun, crowded, intimate. Then we took a break
walking an empty path alongside the minor league stadium until we hit
Neptune Avenue. The crowd was great! Thousands of revelers in the blazing
sun! I'm not sure how well I was heard out there. But the drummers combined
with me, the float, and our beautiful "bluefish" got a great reaction. I'm
sure it was the largest audience I ever played for! And although I haven't
been able to find a picture of me or our float on one site that posted over
2000 pics of the parade I know my picture was taken umpteen thousand times.
It was all amazing, fun, exciting and wonderfully exhausting! If you have
found one of those pics please forward it to me. Thanks in advance.
Harmonica Blu
BluXpress@xxxxxxxxx
www.HarmonicaBluXpress.com