[Harp-L] Intimidation

Just my little note. When I did the Masterclass with David Barrett in 1999,
Dave did a showcase where he had Howard Levy, Gary Primich, and Lee Oskar on
the  podium with the whole class of 100 students, then he says, Hey Sonny, come
up  here too. And he puts me between Howard and Gary, and we had to play 16
bars starting off with just the first two holes, then go around and play just
the first 3 holes, few times around. So I am following Howard Levy, then
Primich, then Lee, so I am thinking, what the HELL could I possibly play. After
Howard blew his stuff I just did some hand flailing Sonny Terry stuff, then
Gary  played some FAT tone, then Lee played his sweetness, next around same
thing, and  Howard looked over at me the second time after my thing and gave me
one of those  smiles. That smile was one of those I will never forget. Was I
intimidated, bet  your ass. But you do your thing, is the main point, and if you
practice enough,  then some more, and more, your thing will be YOUR thing.
Thanks DAVE. Like  teaching someone to swim by pushing them in the pool. Worked
though, I have  never worked harder since meeting David Barrett, the pioneer
and master of  teaching harmonica in my eyes. Sonny Jr.