[Harp-L] RE : Intimidation

SONNYTONE sez :

Excerpt .

" next around same thing, and Howard looked over at me the second time after my thing and gave me one of those smiles. That smile was one of those I will never forget. Was I intimidated, bet your ass. But you do your thing, is the main point, and if you practice enough, then some more, and more, your thing will be YOUR thing."

Hurricane Sez :

How do I begin - -

Sonny :

You hit the proverbial nail on the head brother blower :) nuff said , can't add to it , you said it all beautifully .

- - Intimidation  and competition - -

To be a champ at anything , music , sports , being a chef or what ever the field of profession(s) you chose ,  takes something that the rest do not do simply put .

This issue of " intimidation  and competition " being negatively spoken here , left me feeling some what confused by those who did speak in a disparaging manner of these two words .

If your not going to be or not trying to be a pro at it O.K. read no further I love you still ..

... but ...

If your one of those types of individuals who loves competition and does not mind facing off " cutting heads " with a nemesis soon to be your chief nemesis , READ ON .

Sonny was right on with the practice your @$$ off like there is no tomorrow .

How hard and furious you practice determines just how good your are or will be in time , all things being equal ( like you got two good lungs and both ears work to begin with and you can get on stage with out getting smashed on something first to get your courage up  ) competition is where you want to throw yourself head on " damn the torpedoes " type mentality into .

Competition : It's the blood of life to a real competitor

Sure sure sure , I can hear some of you already thinking --- Well

Cakes have to have eggs broken before desert is ready to be served .

Corks have to pop before you can taste champagne

Can't eat french fries unless you fry them first .

When in the throws of a heavy practice session , competition and or intimidation and it hurts ( and it always does ) , well it's something is worth it's while to do ( if you value it ) , well you just got to suck it up when it hoirts and shout out very loud  " Ya Gotta  Love It " over and over again day in and day out as the years roll on .

You have to train harder than the next person if you want to be a champion boxer , tennis player ( ¿ Whimbleton anyone ? ) , lawyer , or what ever field of competition you chose to enter ( or not if it ain't your cup of tea ) and join in the field of battle .

Dedication - - anyone care to elaborate -- I can but won't .

In my athletic career I was the lucky one > H.S. football champs all 4 years and went to the state tourney once but no cigar . I loved it and the  memories are as sweet  now as they were when they were made , then JC champs football champs and undefeated too , then on to NCAA footbal my last team rated nationally :) HS & college a heavy weight wrestling champ in California . I'm not writing this to one up anyone , in fact it's not easy writing these things here for everyone to scrutinized ( and  maybe take shots at -- you know who you are too ) and critique .

I am writing to to show you that not all can be champs in the final analysis because there is only one after it's all said and done .

-- But --

I write to respect all those second stringers who warmed the bench , the fellow stable mates that took my punishing practices in stride never ever for them to go to the state tournament --

With out these fantastic dedicated second string people where would the champs be ? I valued them and respected them as much as my coach(es) , and what did these guys go home with after all that hard work getting clobbered and hammered all the season only to sit it out on the bench -- ? -- or see me go on to the CIF tourneys ( two in a row for me ) and not them .

They got to feel what it was like to train to be like a champ and take that into the rest of their life as a champ would attack it . They end up with a champions point of view and attack on life and a deep ( most not all ) respect for their fellow man .

Many who have never had that opportunity or feeling I just discribed will never know or understand what I just wrote

- - cool -- sorry but it's cool .

Even cooler are those who do know exactly why competition and intimidation are good when realized correctly in life and applied it's benefits to themselves and society and profit from it all .

Don't be afraid to give it a go . Learn from your mistakes and go on from there . Give yourself a chance to succede before succumbing to a potential failure , who knows , you just might be a champ without even being aware of your potential and never know because you let some one elses opinion affect you . Cut your own trail .

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramón

Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx