Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Who decides who is Bad or Good?

Elizabeth writes:

How on earth is someone ever to find out if they even have "chops" or "tone" or "resonance" without proper input and not dismissive judgment?

And that's always been the knock on harp-l. A mean list. We hope we've subtley nudged everyone in a slightly more tolerant direction but there is more than a grain of truth in your assesment. Looking at the achievments of others in elevation of your own skills hardly strikes me as coming from a place of security. In other words you're not in this alone. We all fret horribly about how we sound and the weakness of our abilities. fjm