[Harp-L] Harp Case Stage Stand

I think I ran this down once before on Harp-l but here it is again.
My case is a Sears Hardware pickup truck under seat tool box. Rectangular
and fairly flat. Inside the bottom and top I've glued enough foam so that
when the box is closed the foam firmly and gently holds the harps in place.
The harps are laid out flat with tags glued or taped to each to show the
key/high/low/minor as needed. I can put a chrom in too, and used to. But
it's all easy to use. (Foam and glue for foam are available at craft
stores.)
On the bottom of the case I have glued some pieces of velcro. These match up
to velcro on a folding metal table that used to be a stand for showing
filmstrips etc. It has an outlet and a short cord and plug! (old two prong -
but I could set up a stage light with it if I needed to) The table is not
heavy and when folded is very easy to transport. Onstage it's at just the
right height for me.
So when I gig I set up the table and "stick" the box to it and I'm ready to
go. It's extremely stable. I tried the bar stool route once and found my
harps on the floor in short order. Very emabarassing and it wasn't a
pleasant thought to have to play my harps after they were on a barroom
floor!
I found the table at a Goodwill store. It's worth cruising them to find
cases/briefcases and tables and maybe an old amp!

Harmonica Blu
BluXpress@xxxxxxxxx
www.HarmonicaBluXpress.com