Re: [Harp-L] Re : add Don Les to overblowers list

On Jul 5, 2005, at 7:25 AM, Ludo Beckers wrote:

Are you guys sure Don Les OB'ed? I heard his tape (the one with Mo
Vint) a few years ago, and from memory I seem to recall it was all
playing without a single OB.

Ludo

====Winslow

There are one or two overblows - I remember hearing and noting them.
It's been awhile since I lsitened to them, so I can't say at this point
where they occurerd, but it seems to me he was playing in 12th position
at the time. There were two cassette albums with Don Les and Mo Vint,
by the way.

I had extensive conversations with Don Les in the early 1990s and he
confirmed that he did use overblows. He told me the story, which
someone else has already mentioned, of having been taking a midday nap
between shows and being awakened by a visitor - a young man - who
played him a complete chromatic scale with overblows. After this Don
went back to sleep and couldn't remember the young man's name. Did he
dream the whole thing? Who knows?

Winslow