Re: [Harp-L] XB-40

jazmaan wrote:
> It amazes me that people are willing to put so much work into
> struggling with overblows, but most people try the XB-40 for
> only a few minutes and then just give up on it.

When I started working on overblows it was like adding another
technique to what I already knew how to do -- and already enjoyed
doing -- on diatonic harmonica.  The XB-40 is a different instrument.
I played with mine long enough to determine that it didn't suit what I
was trying to do, and I went back to working with what I enjoy.  This
is not to knock David's or anyone else's work with the instrument, only
to say that I don't think it's fair to compare adding overblows to
one's diatonic technique to learning to master the XB-40.

-tim