RE: [Harp-L] XB-40

-----Original Message----- Chris Michalek writes:
I had one and played with it for about two months.
I could play it but I think the tone is too thin for it to be useful for
anything other than a trick effect.

Eric writes:
Winslow's playing doesn't sound thin to me. Jaazman's either. On my own,
I seem to use the brighter tonality of this "trick" effect, which was
brought to us by serious research, to my own advantage. It's controlling
the tone which proves to be a challenge to me, and perhaps the many who
have at least tried the harp. And Jaazman was asking if there were any
serious users of this harmonica.

I should count myself as one, now that I read what others say, since I
actually enjoy playing the one I have in C. It's unmodified. Maybe I am
not as serious as Jaazman, or Winslow - which I would never compare
myself to, so excuse my using his name in the same sentence as mine,
heh.

For me, the reason I am not grabbing this harp first and foremost is
because of the control aspects. I just haven't practiced enough with it
- but I don't count the instrument out. It's not the harp.