RE: [Harp-L] Re: XB-40

Richard Hunter wrote:

>instrument.  According to Rick Epping, it's not designed to be played
>as a fully chromatic instrument, David Fairweather's generally
>laudable efforts in that regard notwithstanding.   It's designed as a
>kind of super-diatonic harp, where a deep bend can be applied to any
>note for expressive purposes.  That's why every note bends a full
>step, instead of a half-step, which would be more useful for
>controlling intonation on bends.

This makes sense to me.  If it's used as a "super diatonic" in 1-3
position then it works for wells in terms of expressiveness within
certain positions.  I remember it being touted as an Overblow killer
which it definately is not.  Too bad it's not the same size as a
regular diatonic.

Chris Michalek

www.michalekstrone.com
CD Available