[Harp-L] You bunch of Pansies // Was : If you can't stand the heat...

Disclainer :

Again if your a week end warrior on harmonica and just a once and a while player read no more and I still do love and respect you :

But . . . . . . . if your a maniac read on .

Hurricane Sez :

O.K. , O.K. ya'll a bunch o' panty waisters :)

( No offense to women who rely on these as a daily garmnent )

Boy o boy ya'll would just up and melt down here ! It averages 105 plus here from end of May to June . In July  it can jump up to 120˚F plus and sometimes with 60 to 80 % humidity in August with half of September just as hot and sometimes into October's mid point till it begins to cool off , so I don't want to hear all this whining away on a tiny 90 degree heat ( 32˚C ) wave , ya'll sounds a bit like Hamelts mom complaining away  heh heh ( methinks the harmonica player doeth complain too much ) , suck it up dudes and dudettes if you wanna play live in front of a crowd in the summers heh heh . As I have stated before , if you want it that badly nothing will stop you till you achieve your goal(s) .

All joking aside , I know that 90 to someone not used to it is a challenge to over come , but , all things being equal in that if you have a fairly good physical condition , it is a piece of cake to play n 90˚F plus weather if your in the shade and drink lots of cold stuff ( that being your own personal choise of poison :), I have done this many a time over the years I have played live in front crowds here in the Coachella Valley in southern California desert in the summer out doors . We are on a par as Death Valley as far as summer temps here . I have spent 48 summers here .

Funny recolection .

I was in Hawaii on the Big Island from 82 to 89 . During that time there , in the summers I would always hear complaints of :

" Wow this 87˚F ( 30˚C ) is killing me " - -

I would always answer " It's a whole 87˚F huh ? " and laugh because the kitchen where I was a Chef at would average 95 to 98 in the heat of the day as I was rolling out the food and many a day I would work 12 plus hours six days a week . When I told them how about x-degrees in the desert where I was originally from ( then mentioning what I thought was hot with a chuckle) I would hear in response :

¡WoW ! How can  you live in that ?

My reply is " air conditioning "

When you play 3 sets pool side in Palm Springs ( or Palm Desert , Indian Wells , La Quinta , Rancho Mirage , Indio & Cathedral City ectceteras ) in the afternoon you get paid and that spells out :

You don't let a little warm weather eliminate a pay day . There have been occasions where it was 120˚F ( 48˚C ) outside and we played with a shaded tarp above us and common table top fans blowing about us , the shaded areas were sometinmes 100˚F , any hotter and we did not do a poolside show . To a desert resident 100˚F is a cool day in hell .

On the nice side of the desert , from mid October to mid May it is just heaven here to play outdoors here and to just live , - - -

Besides Hawaii , there is no other place in the world I would rather live than this desert :) I have traveled most of the continnental USA too as well into western Canada , Mexico and central America .

New England blew me away in the fact that I was perspiring just as bad there at 46˚F (8˚C ) at 85% humidity ! I never thought you could break a heavy sweat in that cold a temp ! ! LOL !

Now , don't go into a melt down on me LOL ! ! ! ! !

Sincerely :

HR

Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx