Re: [Harp-L] Augusta? - Jam Camp? - where should I go?

Augusta Heritage Blues Week - The best overall magical experience, as it encompasses more than just blues harmonica and blues. Blues harmonica is a piece of the whole program, along with BarBQue courses, craft courses, stonemasonry, blacksmithing, herbal gathering, swing music, vocal music, old tyme music, dance classes, etc.

Having attended Augusta (once!) after flying in from my home base in Vienna (Austria!), I do confirm that what I experienced there, both musically and humanly, was unique. True, the teachers were great (Carlos, Grant, Phil) and... accessible, true, the jamming was "til you drop" and, sometimes, magical (I remember playing stuffn, I never thaught I had in me), true, the criticisim was sharp and on the point (my playing improved greatly since, thanks partly to the Iceman). But what was even more is the sense of comraderie and, well, family I could feel everywhere, in every participant (I still correspond here with people I met there three years ago. And that's something!).
If you do have the time (and the money), give it a try. You have no idea how overwhelming playing music with complete strangers can become. That's what I got out of it. It made me stronger as a harp player. And as a person too. I'll never be enough thankful for that. And I'll shall come back.
Sunnyside in Vienna.