[Harp-L] Diatonic vs XB-40 Tone Demo

Tonight I recorded two short versions of "Susy Q" in third position.  One is played on an
unmodified Hohner Blues Harp, the other on an unmodified Hohner XB-40.

The recordings were made under identical circumstances, unamplified, same distance from the
microphone with no post-processing (other than the conversion to 128 kbps MP3.)

I'm not using any hand-fx on either harp.   And I'm trying not to utilize the XB-40's chromatic
advantages.   In other words I'm trying to put the harps on as level a playing field as possible.
 But of course this is only a demonstration, not a scientifically controlled experiment.   Because
its only a demonstration, I'm not going to play any games about which recording is which.  They're
each labeled accurately.

Anyone who wants to hear and compare can send me an e-mail within the next 48 hours.

I'll reserve my own comments until later. Judge for yourselves.