Re: [Harp-L] Re: THE SEXY ROCKER'S O.C.D HARP CLEANING RITUAL (Jason R)

Ludo Beckers wrote:
Jason R wrote: <<<<There's like two ways to do it the right way Makes 'em JUST LIKE New) and
the wrong way makes em a little better.

I'll go for the wrong way; taking all the reeds off is just a tad too drastic in timeconsumption for me.

<< If you keep your harps clean you'll avoid rust on the outside, rust on the inside,<<

If you do get rust, there's this horrible stuff you can use to rest your plates in for awhile. It's called Coca Cola (some people apparently actually drink this awfull stuff).

<<Get a bottle or two of 91% isoporol (Mis spelled) rubbing alcohol.

Isopropyl :-) Thanks for the lengthy description, Jason (BTW your manager never got back to me).

Ludo

It may be obvious to a lot of folks, but when you use alcohol or other organic solvents to clean the reeds, be sure to be sure the comb is completely dry before trying out the harp. I learned this the hard way. I sure remember it. <g>

-- Hear Barrelhouse Solly on the internet--that's me

http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly

Yes, it's what everyone has been clamoring for--pictures of the cats:

http://ratemykitten.com/my/?gallery=willie_mctell