Re: [Harp-L] Favorite Brand/Model of Diatonic?

I'n not that traditional a blues player given that lots of my repertoire is outright speedy rockabilly, or classic rock, and a lot is quite non-blues melodic including a small but significant number with minor keys (mostly natural and some harmonic minor). My arsenal is mainly Lee Oskars (roughly 45 of the 60 in my case/durability, ease of playing, and temperament--and I like the tone, my harp of choice), a fair number of Special 20s (lovely warmth, roughly 10/60, for me not quite as durable) and recently Suzuki Bluesmasters (great sound, great action, but I find them not as durable as either the Sp20 or Lee Oskar, 5/60--but even with the durability issue, which may be my playing more than a flaw in the harp, I really _love_ playing them, even more than the Promasters I've tried).

If I could use only one harp brand, though, it'd be Lee Oskars, but I'm not dogmatic about it :-), just my choice.

Ron

CHARLES BASSI wrote:

Aside from using altered tunings, which may be available in one brand/model
and not another of diatonic,
do you harpers find it best to stick to one brand/model
of harmonica?