Re: [Harp-L] cleaning tips

All of my Marine Bands have sealed combs and I never have a problem.
I can't smell or taste the surgical spirit after a day.

Paul

On 14 Jul 2005, at 13:40, Steve Shaw wrote:

14 Jul 2005 13:01:28 +0100

I find the best method is take my harps apart once in awhile and use a toothbrush and some surgical spirit.
After most gigs I brush the comb with surgical spirit to get rid of the smell of smoke and the gunk out of 'em.
It works for me.

Paul

Don't use surgical spirit on wood combs though. The smell never goes away. I did this once - to someone else's harp!

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm
READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm