[Harp-L] Re: cleaning tips

Hi Richard (the American one).

Yes I use it pretty frequently. You may notice a discolouration of the reed
plates before cleaning which correlate with the reed slot positions. This is
actually the dried deposits from saliva and is predominantly sugar coating
from drinks in my experience. Dunking in the denture cleaner soon gets rid
of that and then procedes to make the plates and reeds shine almost like
new. I always then wash in clean water and so don`t have the powdery
deposits someone else on harp-l commented on.

Richard Smith (the English one).