Re: [Harp-L] OBs on hering harps

On 7/14/2005, Tim Moyer wrote:
>It's possible to set any harp up for overblows, but it takes more or
>less work, depending on where you start.  Herings are closer out of the
>box than Oskars or Suzukis, but not as close as Hohners.
<...>
>I have one 1923 that's set up for overblowing, and it sounds a little
>too shrill for my taste.  I'm sticking with my Golden Melodies.

Some good points to make about how using overbends, and how they're used, can
infer certain brands or types of harps over others.  I think you're right.

Tim, have you ever set up Hering Blues for OBs/ODs?  I find them so similar,
reedwise, to Marine Bands and such, which are often set up for overbends,
that they actually seem not too difficult for doing so.  I have no Golden
Blues, but, I think they're supposed to be more equal tuned, aren't they?
Have you ever set them up to OB/OD as well?  Curious what you've noted if you
have.

Bobbie