[Harp-L] Re: Dixieland Harmonica

I am somehow getting the feeling that no one is listening, other than Bobbie and Jerl - there is a 64 chromatic harmonica player who lives and breathes Dixieland music in New Orleans, and is second-to-none in his ability to execute that style on harmonica. JOE MARTIN - just in case someone isn't listening. Joe has not only played with, but recorded with the likes of Pete Fountain, Al Hirt, and many others. As great a player and musician that our beloved Pete Pedersen was, he could not touch Joe when it came to executing the feel of great Dixieland, and Pete would be the first to say so. He loved Dixieland, but only Joe had the true feel for it. If you haven't heard him, you will not believe it until you do hear him. Joe is aging, but still playing well. If it is not already too late, pick up a copy of his CD. As Bobbie mentioned, Joe's phone is 985-626-9115 - give him a call and let him know that you need a copy of his CD! Or contact her (or me) offlist, and you can get his address as well.
- Danny

--
BassHarp
PO Box 5061