Re: Fwd: [Harp-L] Need some crunch - Bassman 59 RI

Bobby,

Try using a preamp.  I use a Boss OC-2 like many others with the effect turned down and the level up.  Other preamps like the Harp Commander, or many of the others mentioned on the board would work too.

Personally, I like using dynamic mics with three 12ax7s.  I think the Fireball would work with this set up very well.

Also, try turning the mids up above 5.

I am sure there will be lots of good advice from the list.  With the Fireball, I think your current tube setup plus a preamp would work very well.

Mike

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bobby \" BlackHat\"
Walters" wrote:
All,

I have a Bassman 59 RI. I use it with a Green Bullet, JT-30, and my
new
Fireball mic. However, I just can't seem to get the crunch I want
out of
it. My tone is just too smooth for my taste.

How can I get it to break up earlier. Tubes, settings, what? I'm
currently
running 5U4 6L6 6L6 12AY7 12AU7 12AT7

Bobby