[Harp-L] Need some crunch - Bassman 59 RI

Bobby,
I'd try, as Garo O/Sonny Junior taught me a few years back, swapping  preamp tubes into a different (in your case hotter) arrangement.  I'd eliminate the 12AU7, try dropping an 12AY7, then a 12AT7, or even a 12AX7 in it's place: each will sound progressively hotter in the order listed.  If you can get ahold of one each 12AY7, 12AT7 and 12AX7 and try different combinations of tubes you'll find the one. If you get into feedback problems back down to the next lower output tube.
Zig