Subject: [Harp-L] Augusta Blues Week - report

The Iceman writes;

"Last night (Sun) was the beginning of Blues Week. There are over 50
harmonica students enrolled for day classes and at least 16 more beginning  harmonica
players (from outside of Blues Week) signed up for Carlos Del Junco's
beginners mini-class - lots of familiar faces from previous Blues Weeks and
Gindick's Camp.

The opening concert was a harmonica extravaganza, with  Phil Wiggins, Grant
Dermody, Carlos Del Junco, Jackie Merrit and myself (The  Iceman). We all did
solo pieces and duo/combo performances - harmonica only, no  other back up
instrument.

I brought out the BOSE PAS system for this one  - it was a magic evening
where everything felt right, from the grooves to the  total sound. What a way to
begin the week.

Allen Holmes will also be  here, helping Dennis Gruenling with Joe Filisko's
classes.
Having a wonderful  time ..  wish you were here.
The Iceman"

......and I'm sure there are at least several of people here (me included)
who wish we were too.  It sounds delightful, but with so much  else going on
the funds can stretch just so far.   Maybe next  year!

Elizabeth