[Harp-L] Cleaning with alcohol de-tuned my harps!

Help!

After following the "easy" method of cleaning some of my Lee Oskar harps by dipping them in alcohol, I rinsed them with water and allowed them to dry for several hours. Now five out of eight of of them has pulled out of tune. Particularly the low notes on the lower harps , and especially the 1-4 draw and blow octave for some reason. On the good side, they are now very responsive and easy to play!

I guess it's time to learn to tune a harp (after 15 years). I have no idea what I'm doing, but I found a good article by Robert Bonfiglio.

Has anybody else had this problem? What did I do wrong?

Tim Dougherty
www.TDVP.tv
www.HarpMicGaskets.com